- Business Law and Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate
- Employment Law
- General Counsel
- Digital Assets & Blockchain
Matt Blaine is a Partner in Business Law and Litigation Department at Davison Eastman Muñoz Paone, P.A. Matt is also the Chair of the firm’s Technology and Innovation Committee, where he spearheads the firm’s technological advancements.
Matt focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation of all types, including contractual disputes, business torts, fiduciary responsibilities, oppressed shareholder allegations, construction disputes, insurance coverage disputes, blockchain law and transactions, eDiscovery issues, intellectual property rights, consumer fraud allegations, disputes concerning real property, non-compete agreements, arbitration, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, fraudulent transfer, successor and alter ego liability and copyright infringement, among others. He also serves as outside general counsel for a number of companies and advises on business strategy and transactions, including technology contract negotiations, business formations, blockchain matters, governance consulting and DAOs, real estate transactions, acquisitions, mergers/consolidations and dissolutions.
Matt is a LexDAO contributor and a frequent speaker on legal technology issues. His focuses includes matters involving practical and ethical considerations of metadata, the impact of blockchain technology and artificial intelligence on the practice of law, championing technological change and process improvements in law firms, and electronic discovery issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt served as an appellate clerk for the Honorable Linda G. Baxter, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
During law school and college, Matt interned for United States Magistrate Judge Tonianne J. Bongiovanni. He was also an executive board member for the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion. As an oralist for the 2007-2008 Rutgers-Camden Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court team, Matt traveled to Vienna, Austria and helped place his team in the top 16 of 203 participating international law schools. During college, Matt was an intern for the United States Attorney’s Office, District of New Jersey, Trenton branch.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2004
- New Jersey Superior Court
- United States District Court – District of New Jersey
Memberships and Affiliations
- Monmouth Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA)
News & Events
- April 2023: Video Interview: “Defining Legal Structures & Crypto Regulation“
- NJBIA March 2023 Speaking Engagement ~ NJBIA “Insights & Outlooks: Forecasting the Future During Times of Great Change” expert panel – Commercial Real Estate – WATCH 22-min VIDEO
- Feb 2023: Video Interview: “Vertical Blocks: DAO Governance“
* No aspect of this advertisement is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey