James A. Paone, II
Jim Paone is the chair of the Business Law and Litigation Department. An experienced litigator with extensive state and federal court experience, Jim has been certified (since 2013) by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney. He is a frequent speaker on Civil, Trial Practice, and Ethics matters.
Jim’s practice concentrates on commercial, corporate, construction projects and general liability matters. His wide client base ranges from local closely held businesses to Fortune 100 clients. With over 30 years of practice, Jim brings a common sense approach to fulfill his clients’ needs.
Jim currently serves as a Special Ethics Master by appointment from the New Jersey Supreme Court. He is a former member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (JPAC). He is also a member of the Defense Research Institute (Construction, Employment, Government Liability and Trial Committees).
His service to his community includes:
- Chair of the District IX Panel of the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Ethics Committee (2006)
- President of the Monmouth Bar Association (2011-2012)
- President of the Board of Trustees of Autism New Jersey (2008-2012)
- Member of Board of Trustees for Monmouth Ocean Foundation for Children (MOFFC)
Prior to joining DEMP, Jim was a partner with Carton & Faccone in Avon, N.J.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1989 (Director of Moot Court Competition)
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1986
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals – Third Circuit
- United States District Court – District of New Jersey
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Monmouth Bar Association (President, 2011-2012)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member, JPAC)
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Autism New Jersey (President of the Board of Trustees, 2008-2012)
- Monmouth Ocean Foundation for Children (Board Member, Member of Future of Blue capital improvement committee, Chair of Board Development Committee)
- Best Lawyers* – Commercial Litigation, 2020 – 2023
- Super Lawyers*, Business Law & Litigation, 2010 – 2023
News & Events
January 23, 2020 – Managing Principal James A. Paone, II will be a guest speaker at the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth Vicinage and Monmouth Bar Association Complex Business Litigation Program Seminar. The Seminar will cover Best Practices, Program Guidelines, Model Forms, New Rules and Practice Tips from CBLP Practitioners. The Seminar will take please between 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the American Hotel on W. Main Street in Freehold, NJ.
April 21, 2016 – Business Law and Litigation Partner James A. Paone, II will be speaking at the Northeast Corporate Counsel Forum at the Borgata in Atlantic City on April 21. He will serve as co-host on the panel “Legal Ethics – Steps to Maximizing Privilege Protection When You Wear Many Hats” with Stephen Wagner of Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner P.C. and William Crosby of Interpublic Group.
November 19, 2015 – Business Law and Litigation Partner James A. Paone, II will be a speaker at the Monmouth Bar Association’s Civil Practice Committee Seminar, covering corporate designee depositions and protective orders in complex commercial cases. The program offers 2 CLE credits and will take place from 4:00 to 6:00 pm at the Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank.
* No aspect of this is approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey